Tuesday, July 2, 2013

There is nowhere like the Northwest

More often than not, flying home from a trip means I have to fly into Seattle or Portland to catch a short flight back over to Spokane. Sometimes, when I'm already tired and jet lagged, I grumble. But every now and then I look out the window and I'm reminded that extra hop is a gift. There is nowhere like the Northwest. 

Last Saturday, making my way back home from a week in the south of France followed by a cruise from Quebec City to Boston on the Holland America Veendam, I flew into clear skies and a beautiful sunset that washed Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier and Mt. Adams with soft, beautiful hues. Like a lot of others on the Alaska Airlines flight, I pulled out my phone and  snapped a photo. It reminds me that I'm fortunate to live where I do and the extra miles it takes to get home are an opportunity to see things most people only dream about. 

2 comments:

  1. I love to do that as well, Just amazing views from the sky. Your picture show how beautiful it is.


    www.travelvisaaustralia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Tina. Summer in the Northwest is especially beautiful. I'm writing from my 'patio' office today :)

      Delete