Monday, January 23, 2012

Oakland Bay Bridge: Today's Travel Photo

(Photo by Cheryl-Anne Millsap)

The City of San Francisco is touted as a place for lovers. For long, hand-holding, walks by the bay and candlelit dinners for two at cozy, private, eateries. A place for fog-shrouded mystery and love at first sight. Or, when it's needed, rekindled romance

But let me tell you something. You don't have to be there as one of a pair to fall under the city's spell. I spent a working-weekend exploring San Francisco on my own and I came away infatuated. I walked up and down the hills, drove across the Golden Gate Bridge and down the scenic, iconic, Highway 1.

On my last night, letting the sun go down as I gazed out at the Oakland Bay Bridge--now celebrating it's 75th Anniversary and under construction--I snapped a quick photo with my phone. And now, when I'm at work or alone at home, like a true secret love, I sneak a little look at it every now and then.

And I can't help but wonder if maybe it's time to get away again.

No comments:

Post a Comment