Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Day in Yellowstone

(Lower Falls as seen from Artist Point, Yellowstone National Park. Photo by Cheryl-Anne Millsap)



My first grandchild was born two days ago. While waiting for her arrival, I sat down and started a list of all the places I want to take her.

I want her to walk down the beautiful streets of Paris with me. I want to show her the breathtaking rift valley in Iceland. I want to sit under an olive tree in Tuscany and let the sun sink into us.

Closer to home, I want to share Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park.

Thinking about the powerful scenery in Yellowstone, I remembered an essay I wrote for my Home Planet column in 2010. In it, I described one perfect day in one of the world's most dramatic places. Now, I can't wait to share that day with her.

Read: "If I Could Take You to Yellowstone"

No comments:

Post a Comment