Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tintin Comes to America

(Photo by Cheryl-Anne Millsap)

I spent a week in Belgium in October of this year. While I was there I got a sneak peek at Steven Spielberg's new movie The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. I loved it.
Almost as much fun as the action-packed movie was the party that Brussels threw to celebrate the premier. Aerialists "danced" across the giant billboard as celebrities walked the red carpet. Spielberg made an appearance, as did members of the Royal Family.
Streets were packed with vintage cars and vintage camera clubs.

I read the Tintin books when I was a girl but most people in the U.S. have never heard of the gutsy young journalist.

I wrote more in my Spokesman-Review column. Read my Tintin essay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment