Saturday, August 28, 2010

Carry on, carry in, carry out

Right now, I'm living out of a suitcase. At home.
I landed two days ago, fresh from a trip to Vancouver, BC. Tomorrow morning, I take off for a few days in Montana, exploring the Beartooth Highway and West Yellowstone. The problem is, there just hasn't been enough time in between to unpack. I've had a full schedule of deadlines, meeting and, of course, family stuff. And now, here it is time to pack again.

Like most frequent travelers, I have things pretty organized. My travel necessities are right where I can find them. But when you have to rummage through a suitcase for a pair of shoes before you can drive up to the grocery store for a gallon of milk to have a bowl of cereal at your own kitchen table, well, that's another thing altogether.

I'll be home in a week. And this time I've got more than a few days between trips. I promise I'll get that suitcase unpacked right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment